Total time: 46:05
Side 1: (23:38)
1) Now How Can Man
2) Boobong Base
3) Life In The World Unseen - Pt 1
5) Life In The World - Pt 2
6) Judge + Jury
Side 2: (22:27)
1) The Loop (Booloop)
2) Boobong (Slither + Ali Bells)
3) Pyramid 21/8 (Slow Slither)
4) Crazy Crazy
5) Boobong (Slither Pt 2)
6) Thirteen Eight
Credits on cassette:
WFM Mother Gong & Dave Sawyer
An experimental album by DAVE SAWYER with GILLI SMYTH, GUY EVANS & HARRY WILLIAMSON
*otter songs* REAL TIME recording
© All rights of the
manufacturer and of the owner of the recorded work reserved.
Unauthorised public performance, broadcasting and copying of this tape prohibited.
Notes & details:
- Elephants: with part of "Elephants & Tigers" backing track (Robot
Woman 2), like
Dave Sawyer's Vibrations.
- Life In The World Pt 2: includes a bit which is on Dave Sawyer's Vibrations (in a slowed down version).
- Judge + Jury: the tune for this can be found on Dave Sawyer's Vibrations (sharing part of the backing track).
- The Loop: a tune also appearing on Dave Sawyer's Vibrations.
- Boobong: a bit of this is on Dave Sawyer's Vibrations and a fragment from "Crazy Town" (Robot Woman 2).
- Pyramid 21/8: theme was part of "Sonic Savages", by Nik Turner's Sphynx in 1978 (Williamson in the lineup).
- Crazy Crazy: a variation on "Crazy Town" from Robot Woman 2, also on Sawyer's Vibrations.
- 13/8: on The Mystery And History, Remember The Forgotten (with voiceover), Vibrations (different mix).
Gliss-U-Well, listed on cover, doesn't appear on my copy and is included on the reissue, though unlisted.The line-up on this tape is Mother Gong 1981, credits below as they appear on early 90's cassette reissue:
Dan Cranenburge: Bass
Guy Evans: Drums
Didier Malherbe: Saxes, flutes
Gilli Smyth: Vocals
Dave Sawyer: All other instruments
Harry Williamson: Guitars
Produced and engineered by Harry Williamson.
Recorded at Oxes Cross, Devon, 1981.
Lineup on "13/8": (source: Harry Williamson's note on Histories And Mysteries Of Planet Gong, expanded).
Yan Emeric (guitar)
Hugh Hopper (bass)
Claire Jones (vocal)
Credits on Robot Woman 2 also list Chris Kerridge (conch & guitar on "Elephants And Tigers" and "Crazy Town").
Recorded Winter 1981/82 (source: PlanetGong website
and Robot Woman 2 notes):
Robot Woman 2 credits on poster give no precise date for the sessions but notes suggest the album was recorded from Winter 1981 to beginning of Summer 1982 (with Malherbe's overdubs done around the time of Glastonbury 1982 Festival).
W.F.M. appeared for sale in 1982 from
Ottersongs - GAS on Whats Going On
Gas 82 magazine.
My copy has yellow inlay card (scan from my copy above), white Ottersongs labels, no release date.
Reissued on tape as Words Fail Me in early 90's (OTT 002), only "13/8" and "Gliss-U-Well" were released on cd.
|GAS TAPES INDEX|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2009.
Page last updated Oct 2010.