Total time: 65:42
Side 1: (32:34)
1) Shakti Yoni A full
length version from 'Mother' sessions
2) Our Fathers An Alien interpretation of the Lord's Prayer
3) Euterpe Live a) Am I Really Here At All b) Thick as a Brick c) San Francisco Bay
4) Time Of The Goddess Different mix from 'Mother' sessions
Side 2: (33:06)
1) Radio Gnome Premix Featuring
2) Est Que Je Suis
3) Hypnotize Yer
4) Big City Gong version, later to appear on 'New York Gong'
5) Tape Loops
6) R'n'R Angel, Featuring The Nightmare Of Mr Respectable
7) Witches Spell From French radio session
Credits on cassette:
GONG STUDIO MADNESS DOWN THE YEARS
Some alternative mixes at rare recordings from the archives.
Cover by Jonny
GONG APPRECIATION SOCIETY
P.O. BOX 871 GLASTONBURY,
SOMERSET BA9 6FE. UK.
All songs copyright © 1992
All rights reserved. © & P 1980
Notes & details:
- Shakti Yoni: same backing
track as on Mother but longer (10 m.), different speed, no dubbed vocals. Gong '71.
- Our Fathers: Daevid performed this poem many times ever since the Soft Machine UFO days. No date & venue.
- Euterpe Live: Jethro Tull's "Thick As A Brick" & Jesse Fuller's "San Francisco Bay Blues". No date and venue.
- Time Of The Goddess: early "Zero The Hero" coda as heard on B9. Mix differes from Mother. Gong 1971.
- Radio Gnome Premix: a shorter version is on Mystery & History Of Planet G**G, not Flying Teapot lp mix.
- Est Que Je Suis: A side of 1970 single, unavailable at the time. On Je Ne Fume Pas Des Bananes.
- Hypnotize Yer: B side of 1970 single, unavailable at the time. On Je Ne Fume Pas Des Bananes.
- Big City: preceded by unlisted loop bit. "It's only the world" introduces this Camembert era version (w/Pip Pyle).
- Tape Loops: ("Intros" on OT18) partly released on Camembert Eclectique, with intro for lineup with Pip Pyle.
- R'n'R Angel: includes "Goldilox". "R'n'R Angel" incomplete here, complete on Je Ne Fume Pas Des Bananes.
- Witches Spell: early version of "Zero the Hero" with "Time of the Goddess" coda and "I Am your Fantasy" verse.
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.