|1976-11-26 - New York, NY - Bottom Line - Early show - aud (117m) (2cd)
Patti Smith, Lenny Kaye, Ivan Kral, Jay Dee Daugherty, Andy Paley + John Cale,
1) Arcane Translations Of Ascension - improvisation (17:17) *
2) My Car Was Invisible (with BS on piano) (4:22) **
3) Case Of Bruce
Springsteen (with BS on piano)
4) Jesse James (with BS on piano) (8:56)
5) We're Gonna Have A Real Good Time Together (4:09) $
Beach (4:31) =
7) Ask The
8) Time Is On My Side (5:49) +
9) Playing With Fire (2:33)
10) Pumping (4:03)
11) You Can Dig It (with BS on guitar) (9:57)
1) Ain't It Strange (with
BS on guitar) (14:20) ?
2) Radio Ethiopia / Rock
'n' Roll Nigger (18:42)
3) Gloria (6:59)
4) My Generation (with BS) (4:34)
* "To Patti Smith, the field
marshall of rock 'n' roll".
** "...I wasn't really into Bruce Springsteen you know...mostly I...I mean I
never heard his records what I wasn't into was the area of Jersey he was from...".
*** Taper (or someone near) speaks into the microphone: "Bruce Springsteen
plays the piano".
$ PSG intro: "Ivan Kral...Jay Dee Daugherty,
= From a different audience source with a repeated bit at start (39 sec. overlap). [Cut at 2:50].
+ With spoken intro from "Babel" poem. "Space Monkey" intro
teased during audience requests.
? [Cuts in on intro].
in stereo with a Sony 158SD Cassette>Wav>flac.
[Patti Smith Early Show 11-26-76] Flac set shared as
torrent on Dime by bsfanatic.
No SBE's - TLH
analysis - fingerprints
Date and venue confirmed by show ticket and ad for shows at the Bottom Line
(November 22nd to 28th 1976).
Show listed on The Patti Smith Setlists and Brucebase
Stereo audience recording.
Complete artwork can be found here.