"Shapeshifting In The UK Vol 1"
Total time: 63:21
1) Introdrums (Pyle
/ Maitra) (1:49)
2) Hymnalayas (Allen / Bailey) (9:23)
3) Can't Kill Me (Allen) (6:40)
4) I've Been Stoned Before (3:45)
5) Mr Longshanks: O Mother (3:02)
6) Heaven's Gate (Allen / Bailey) (6:35)
1) Shapeshifting (Allen
/ Malherbe) (6:52)
2) Elephants: Mothers Gone To India (Malherbe / Maitra / Allen) (12:58)
3) The Om Riff (I.O.C.T.) (8:50)
4) WX7 Salad Dressing (Malherbe / Maitra) (3:27)
Credits on cassette:
LIVE COMPILATION OF 1992 AUTUMN UK TOUR
P.O. BOX 871 GLASTONBURY,
SOMERSET BA9 6FE UK
All songs Copyright © 1992
Daevid Allen: Guitar,
Didier Malherbe: Saxes/Flute/WX7.
Pip Pyle: Drums.
Keith Missile: Bass/Vocals.
Graham Clark: Guitar/Violin.
Shamal Maitra: Percussion.
Dino: Live Mix Master.
Recorded Oct/Nov 1992. On Samhain in Leicester, the festival of Kali in Preston and The Fridge London.
Mastered to DAT and copied in Dolby B.
Notes & details:
- Can't Kill Me:
"Thank you...OK...that was Gong '92 and this is Gong '72...".
- I've Been Stoned Before: "So, that was Gong '93...we have a new album called Shapeshifter...".
- Mr Longshanks: O Mother: Daevid quotes "Figaro" an aria from the "Barber Of Seville" Opera.
- Elephants: Mothers Gone To India: "Elephants" is "Eléphant La Tête" & "Eléphant La Cuisse", from Kali Festival.
- The Om Riff: "Master Builder". Song introduction about Samhain reveals this is from Leicester Oct. 31st, 1992.
- WX7 Salad Dressing: Didier on flute and WX7; sort of "Flute Salad" for modern times. Continued on Volume 2.
Mon 26 Gongmaison - UK, Preston, Poly
Sat 31 Gongmaison - UK, Leicester, University
Sun 01 Gongmaison - UK, Brixton, Fridge
(Source: PlanetGong website)
Calyx website lists the same shows as shows by Gong rather than Gongmaison.
Side 2 track 2 is from Preston, Oct.
26th 1992, as from reference to Kali Festival in Daevid's spoken intro.
Side 2 track 3 is from Leicester, Oct. 31st, 1992, as from reference to Samhain in Daevid's spoken intro.
This tape (as its Volume 2 twin cassette) was never released on LP or cd, so it is still an essential addition for completists.
Didier Malherbe is featured with some of his best sax playing ever.
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.