No catalogue #
Total time: 60:03
1) Improvisation From Glastonbury 1979
2) 1999 + (4:09)
3) Red Alert + (3:25)
4) I Like Men + (6:13)
5) I Am Your Robot (Woman) + (4:04)
6) Machine Song * (3:50)
1) Tarka - Excerpts From
Movement 1 - Demo - 1976- "Charleston For Otters" ^ (5:21)
2) Flute Solo From "Fairytales" Album (not on album) (1:43)
3) Tarka - Excerpts From Movement 2 - Demo - 1976- "Estuary And River" ^ (3:49)
4) Bong! © Pathè. By Bloom!; Didier's Group. & (3:20)
5) Danskorla © Pathè. By Bloom!; Didier's Group. & (3:37)
6) Prostitute Poem - live at Hartford, Conn. USA - 1979 $ (3:50)
7) Nuclear Waste * (2:37)
8) Fire Poem - Glastonbury 1979 * (4:31)
Text on release sheet:
Dear Gong friends
Sorry about delay in sending secret information. The tape that is available now contains the following tracks:-
Each side contains approx 28 minutes of music: cost at Sept 1980 = £ 3.00 inc. vat and postage.
See you on the green planet.
* Gilli - vox. Harry
- gtr. Eduardo Niebla - Lead gtr. Dider - woodwind. Mo
Vicarage - kbds.
+ Chris Cutler - drums. Dane Cranenburgh - Bass. Gilli - Vocal. Harry - gtr + vocal. Didier - Flutes + Saxes.
Jean - Phillipe Rykiel - Kbds.
Recorded 8/80 at Foel Studios, Powys as a rehersal for the Trondheim Norway Festival 11-17/8/80 Which was
recorded and will eventually be released.
* Sting - lead vox. Steve Hillage - Gtr. Gilli + Harry - vox + Gtr. Mike Howlett - Bass.
Steve Broughton - Drums. Nick Turner - Vox + Sax.
^ Harry Williamson - Gtrs + kbds + percussion. Anthony Phillips - gtrs + syths + Bass.
& Bloom: from Paris - Didier Malherbe sax + vocal + others.
$ Gilli - Vocal. Mark Kramer - Kbds. Bill Laswell - Bass. Bill Bacon - Drums. Harry - Guitar.
Don Davis - Sax + flute.
Notes & details:
- Improv. From Glastonbury:
"Flying" ("Wassilissa" Fairy Tales). On Glastonbury 79-81 ("Birds
- Red Alert: with vocal overdubs; same backing track later appeared on Mystery & History Of Planet G**G.
- I Like Men: aka "OK Man This Is Your World" on Gilli's Mother. Mother Gong's version of Gong's "Dreaming It".
- I Am Your Robot (Woman): "Robot Woman", a version which is very similar to the one on "Robot Woman" lp.
- Machine Song: similar to Robot Woman lp version but not identical, both based on Radio Actor's Digital Love.
- Tarka - Excerpts From Mov. 1 - "Charleston For Otters": also on Tarka Music GAS tape and Gypsy Suite.
- Flute Solo: flute loop (4 times repeat). Released as part of "The Pied Piper" (Fairy Tales) with Gilli's narration.
- Tarka - Excerpts From Movement 2 - "Estuary & River": also on Tarka Music GAS tape and Gypsy Suite.
- Bong!: B side of Bloom's Danskorla / Bong! Pathè 1980 single.
- Danskorla: A side of Bloom's Danskorla / Bong! Pathè 1980 single.
- Prostitute Poem: "Street Version". Also on Gilli Smyth's Gilli Smyth Live In USA 79 GAS tape.
- Nuclear Waste: A side of Radio Actors' Nuclear Waste / Digital Love single (Charly 1979 version with Gilli).
Both sides also appear on Nik Turner's Imperial Pompadors Official Bootleg tape.
- Fire: Gilli's "Sea" poem and "Fire" on "Beautiful Country" theme. Audience bit (not "Fire") on Glastonbury 79-81.
No mention of this cassette on GAS / Ottersongs sale lists.
The tape was possibly offered to GAS members only.
This could explain the term "secret information", used in the released sheet (scan above; text reproduced above).
|GAS TAPES INDEX|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.
Page last updated Jun 2012.