"Gong Live At Mallacoff"
Total time: 50:48
1) PHP's (1:27)
2) This Microphone (2:36)
3) Zero The Hero (12:34)
4) I Am Your Animal - Bamboolay (9:25)
1) You Can't Kill Me
2) Dreaming It (4:45)
3) Tropical Fish (14:00)
Credits on cassette:
All rights of the manufacturer and of the owner of the recorded work reserved.
Unauthorised public performance broadcasting and copying of this tape prohibited. © 1982
Notes & details:
- PHP's: "The Pot Head Pixies". Fades in before
the french part in the middle.
- This Microphone: "Venux...my friend, this microphone doesn't work". A short impro on a mic that's not working.
- Zero The Hero: "Zero The Hero & The Witch's Spell". Short intro; Gilli's section has space whisper, no "Taliesin".
- I Am Your Animal - Bamboolay: "Bamboolay" is "Dynamite".
- You Can't Kill Me: no "Ya Sonne" Camembert Electric coda. Fades at the end.
- Dreaming It: fades out as the bass is starting the "spanish" section of "Zero The Hero And The Witch's Spell".
- Tropical Fish: no "Selene" coda.
Recorded in Malakoff, France - December 1972.Jan 27 1973 (as on PlanetGong & Calyx) seems to be incorrect; I enquired Tim Blake on the Gong forum about the date(s) of the Lyon GAS tapes. He wrote: "The First Gong Gig in 1973 was on the 6th of February, at the HEC @ Jouay-en-Josas".
No lineup or date appearing on cover.
This release appeared for sale from Otter Songs on Whats Going On Gas 82 magazine.
- yellow paper inlay (scan of my copy above), unique "Mallacoff" side 1 label, white Ottersongs (trees) side 2 label - © 1982
- red card inlay, unique "Mallacoff" side 1 label, white G.A.S. (sun, moon and clouds) side 2 label
(see scans below).
Reissued on cassette (GAS GL2 with different cover - early 90's) but never released on LP or CD.
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.
Page last updated Jun 2012.