OTTERSONGS / G.A.S.
No catalogue #
Total time: 58:58
Side 1: (30:41)
1) Stoned Innocent
Frankenstein Jam (4:39)
2) Hello There (1:42)
3) Tropical Fish (0:38)
4) Bloomdido's Rap (6:51)
5) Dreaming It (7:56)
6) Hypnotize Yer (4:12)
7) Mama Maya Mantrum (0:29)
8) Why Are We Sleeping? (4:09)
Side 2: (28:17)
1) I Am Your Fantasy
2) Gongsong (2:38)
3) Est Que Je Suis (6:08)
4) Ali Ba Ba (3:40)
5) Big City Cat (10:04)
6) Zero And The Spell Of The Good Witch (3:23)
Credits on cassette:
LIVE 1969 & REHEARSALS IN HAUNTED CHATEAU
Royalties are paid on all tapes so please do
not copy them or buy pirated copies, as it seriously affects our livelyhood.
Contact us at: - Ottersongs/Gas, P.O. Box 871, Glastonbury, Somerset, BA6 9FE.
Notes & details:
Tracks 1 to 4 were later released as "Haunted Chateau Rehearsals" (one long 13 min. track) on Camembert Eclectique cd.
Innocent Frankenstein Jam: not yet the song but
including the intro riff and 5/8 coda.
- Hello There: basically the notes from "Camembert" coda repeated over and over, and "Three Blind Mice" quote.
- Tropical Fish: just the beginning of the song, fading soon and cut after "It's like that back in Sydney" verse.
- Bloomdido's Rap: featuring not Bloomdido but Daniel Laloux.
- Dreaming It: 1st part is an instrumental rehearsal, 2nd live part also on Mystery & History Of Planet G**G.
- Hypnotize Yer: same riff as on "Mr. Long Shanks".
- Mama Maya Mantrum: "Hole in the morning" later part of "Blow Yr Trip" on You and on Floating Anarchy.
- Why Are We Sleeping: "Perfect Mystery" end, unlisted between "Why Are We Sleeping" and "I'm your Fantasy".
- I Am Your Fantasy: "The Sea" recited (partly in french) over "I Am Your Fantasy".
- Ali Ba Ba: includes bits later in "Mr Longshanks" and "Perfect Mystery". Fades as "Waterloo" reprise is starting.
- Big City Cat: unlisted intro, "Radio Gnome Prediction" and early "P.H.P.'s". On Live At Angers tape, longer here.
- Zero And The Spell Of The Good Witch: "Zero The Hero And The Witch's Spell". Also on Live At Angers tape.
Rehearsal tracks recorded somewhere
between Dec 1969 and May 1970 - Normandy, FR Château Du Thiel.
Exact date unknown, reference from Calyx website to Gong's winter stay at Chateau du Thiel.
Dates for live tracks (Side 1 track 5, 6, 7 & 8 and Side 2 tracks 1, 2, 3, 4) are unknown.
Side 2 tracks 5 & 6: Gong -
Angers, France - Nov 8th 1972 (Confirmed by PlanetGong and Calyx websites)
(Daevid Allen, Gilli Smith, Didier Malherbe, Christian Tritsch, Diane Bond, Rob Tait)
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.
Page last updated Jun 2012.