"Dope On The Dole & Other Tales - live October 1993"
Total time: 88:23
A Side: (44:41)
1) Intro Poem
2) Dope On The Dole
3) Poet For Sale
4) Koori Clever Woman
5) Wani Song
6) Away Away
7) Owly Song
8) Death Poem
9) Encounters with (?) as Objects Pt 1
B Side: (43:42)
1) I Love Sex
2) The Rapist
3) I'll See You Outside
4) Poor Brothers
5) Guitar Piece
6) I Don't Want No Guru
7) Why D'ya Feel So Sad ?
8) More & More
9) No One's Slave
10) O Wichitaio
Credits on cassette:
A COMPILATION OF DAEVID'S SOLO TOUR
1.10.93 Colchester, Arts Centre - A1,
4.10.93 London, Mean Fiddler A9
5.10.93 Bath, The Hub - A3, B4
10.93 Cambridge, Boat Race - A3, 5, 6, B1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
10.93 Leeds, Duchess of York - A2, 4, 7, 8
10.93 St. Helen's, Citadel - B9, 10, 11
All songs and poems by Daevid Allen except 'No One's Slave', Theo Simon and 'O Wichitaio', Trad.
Tape compiled by Tim Flatus.
Mastered to DAT and copied in realtime with Dolby B.
P.O. BOX 871 GLASTONBURY,
SOMERSET BA9 6FE UK.
All songs Copyright © 1994
Notes & details:
- Intro Poem:
"Frederick are you in there?".
- Dope On The Dole: different from The Australian Years version; slightly different lyrics referring to the UK.
- Poet For Sale: performed over the backing tape used by Daevid on 1980 Divided Alien Clockwork Band tour.
- Wani Song: aka "Came To Find You" (Wani is Wandana).
- Death Poem: aka "Wargasm" aka "Hey You Kids Of The Future" (performed on "Death Of Rock" backing tape).
- I Love Sex: aka "I Love Sex But". Here it is performed without backing track.
- The Rapist: "Brand new, I just wrote it". Daevid's song on Dreamin' A Dream, not Gilli's poem with same title.
- I'll See You Outside: a poem.
- Poor Brothers: aka "Brothers".
- Guitar Piece: aka "Sexual Blueprint".
- I Don't Want No Guru: a poem.
- Why D'ya Feel So Sad ?: aka "GongSong". "Why do you listen to Gong if you do?".
- More & More: solo version of the song on Daevid Allen and Kramer's Who's Afraid?.
- O Wichitaio: performed live over the backing track used on The Twelve Selves.
- Gaia performed live over the backing track used on The Twelve Selves.
All recording dates and venues from cover are
confirmed on Calyx website.
PlanetGong lists the same shows but gives no day details for the Colchester and London gigs (first 2 of UK tour).
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2012.