"Bananamoon Observatory Volume 1"
Total time: 58:43
Side One: (29:22)
1) Prayer (Russell
2) Watefall Of Love (Michael & Elyse)
3) Garden Song (Daevid Allen)
4) Sri Radhe Ram Radhe (Trad. Chant) Recorded at a Kirtan in Byron Bay with Solo Sunsinger
5) Om Nama Shivaya (Traditional Chant) Vocals by Kelly
Side Two: (29:21)
1) Let The Magic (Daevid
2) Peace Train (Daevid Allen)
3) Watching (Russell Hibbs)
4) Lolli Song (Daevid Allen)
5) I Am The Soul (Traditional) Music and vocals by Kelly
Credits on cassette:
ACOUSTIC & DEVOTIONAL SONGS RECORDED IN AUSTRALIA
The musicians on this include members of 'The
Invisible Opera Company Of Tibet', Australia
Recorded at the B.M.O. in Australia on a TEAC 4 track.
Produced by Daevid Allen, 1986.
Copied by Sound Services
Cover art by Lena Parhina
Design by Jonny
GONG APPRECIATION SOCIETY
P.O. BOX 871 GLASTONBURY,
SOMERSET BA9 6FE. UK.
All songs copyright © 1992
Notes & details:
- Garden Song: unique version
appearing on this cassette only.
- Om Nama Shivaya: the melody is the same as the "Invocation" sung by Wandana, opening 1988-89 IOCT gigs.
- Peace Train: early "Negotiate" with verses later dropped. Same as on Daevid's The Australian Years album.
- Lolli Song: unique version, different lyrics appearing on this tape only; later to become part of Gong repertoire.
This cassette appeared for sale on GAS 1990 price list.
The first release of this tape on Ottersongs/GAS was credited to Allen & Hibbs, this 1992 reissue to Daevid Allen & Friends.
Ottersongs issue had this info: "Recorded in Australia in 1987. Produced by Harry Williamson", while on GAS edition the date changed to 1986 and Daevid Allen is credited for production.
|BACK TO GAS TAPES|
Website by Gianmaria Rizzardi 2007-2009.